My Ideas On Skill Revamp In Path Of Exile
In Path of Exile, I’ve been thinking about how some skills could be reworked. The following is a collection of my ideas, in no particular order.
1. Elemental Hit – I think, honestly, the game could do without it unless of course it is changed. One such change could be an on kill effect a la infernal blow. 50% Chance to create a mini storm/flame/frostbearer type thing on kill, corresponding to what element killed the enemy.
2. Adding a “Duration” tag to the gem could allow for interesting scaling.
3. Arc: A nostalgic and simply good looking skill (need mtx, pls GGG M). Very nice for clear, especially with the right enchant on a helm. Sadly arc does not function as a good single target skill (at least to my knowledge).
4. A nice change would be a threshold jewel that allows for arc to bounce back to yourself if there is no other monster nearby – with the drawback of shocking you. 50% chance to become shocked or something like that.
5. Static Strike – My first char ever was using this skill, it has somehow grown on me. It is currently not very versatile – I think changing the charge part a bit could be cool.
6. Instead of having an aoe cirlce coming out of you after attacks, why not have some effect similar to Choir of the Storm’s Lightning Bolt? of course with adjusted numbers.
7. You attack a couple of times, and charge up that many lightning bolts. after a while the number of charges (lets say 8) hit random nearby enemies. Maybe this would make the skill very strong when paired with multistrike and ancestral call.
What’s your opinion? Do you have any ideas on skill revamp? If you are new to the game and don’t want to mess up your first build, you can follow some build guide from our website.